“His styles have graduated from various stages in life, the colours of his pallet have expressed a variety of feelings and ideas, and the collection of his work has traced his footsteps more effectively than any road-map. The gradation of George Kosinski's paintings stems from the movement of the artist himself. Born in Scotland, raised in England, retaining his Polish background, George has moved as the brush does, with long and short strokes of varying colours, shades and values.
Having parted with his architectural profession in the English Lake District, George and his family moved to Israel in 1991. From Jerusalem, George pointed his brush between Northern Syria and Southern Egypt, exploring ancient cities and desert places.
George published a book of two hundred paintings, illustrating the influence of nine years in the Middle East on his perspective and brush swipe. In 2000, George moved to America, beginning in New Mexico and exploring the beauty of its skies and wide-open spaces. After eighteen months he traveled over to the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, where his pigment also changed to greener hues. His art has been enriched through deeper observation of American and Middle Eastern subjects.
The journey continues ...... “ (Rosie Kosinski - 2006)
- 1952 - born in Scotland, of Polish refugees.
- 1952 - 1971 raised on the coast of the Irish Sea, Cumbria, near the English Lake District
- 1971 - 1979 studied architecture, Manchester University, UK
- 1980 - 1991 practiced architecture, Ulverston, Cumbria, UK in protected areas of outstanding beauty
- 1991 - 2000 career change to full-time artist based in Jerusalem traveling throughout Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Sinai and Egypt
- 2000 - 2002 Santa Fe, New Mexico - Studio and Gallery - studies of desert landscapes and monsoon sunsets
- 2002 - 2011 Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina - studies of landscapes, creeks and rivers
- 2012 - 2013 coast of South Carolina and Artist in Residence at Hobcaw Barony near Pawleys Island
- 2014 - Experienced a stroke while living in Ashe County in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
- 2015 - Present : Post-Stroke, Art-Therapy period residing in the mountains of North Carolina deep in the former Lost Province